Why You Should Grow Your Own Mushrooms
If you're looking for a unique and fun way to grow your own food, then at-home mushroom growing could be perfect for you! That's because there are lots of different types of mushrooms that you can choose from to grow at home, and it's easy to get started. Here's why you should start growing your own mushrooms.
Unique Varieties of Mushrooms are AvailableThere are many different types of mushrooms that you can grow at home, including shiitake mushrooms, white button mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, and chanterelles. Not only do these mushrooms offer a unique flavor and texture, but they're also quite easy to grow. Here's what you need to know about each of these commonly grown varieties:
- Chanterelles: Chanterelles go great in salads, and they feature a unique texture and a mild flavor. These are shelf mushrooms, which can be grown easily on many different types of logs.
- White button mushrooms: White button mushrooms are commonly sold in supermarkets, which are commonly used in salads. However, they also go great with burgers. Growing these mushrooms is typically fairly easy.
- Oyster mushrooms: Oyster mushrooms are shelf mushrooms, which can be grown on many different types of logs. They are great in salads, but they can also be fried.
- Chicken of the Woods mushrooms: Chicken of the Woods mushrooms are quite unique in their flavor. In fact, they really do taste a lot like chicken! This makes them a great option for vegans and vegetarians who want to enjoy something that mimics the flavor of chicken.
- Morel mushrooms: Morel mushrooms have a delicious, unique, and very strong flavor. This makes them extremely popular among mushroom lovers.
There Are Lots of Delicious Meals You Can Make With ThemIf you're looking for recipes that include mushrooms, there are lots of options that you can choose from. While there are numerous recipes that you can choose from, these are a few of the most common and easy to cook mushroom dishes:
- Shiitake mushroom burgers: Shiitake mushroom burgers offer a great way to enjoy the meaty taste of a burger without eating meat. Not only that, but shiitake mushrooms are very easy to grow.
- Fried oyster mushrooms: Oyster mushrooms are similar in size and shape as shiitake mushrooms, but they have a stronger earthy taste, though they can be delicious when fried. They make an excellent side dish for burgers and steaks.
- Mushrooms and onions: Mushroom and onion dishes go great with steaks and burgers. Not only are they an excellent side dish, but almost all edible mushrooms pair quite nicely with onions.
You Can Enjoy Your Homegrown Mushrooms AnytimeIf you're wondering when the best time to eat homegrown mushrooms is, you can rest assured that there are plenty of delicious mushroom dishes that you can enjoy anytime. This is one great reason to start growing your own mushrooms.
October 18, 2021
Share this post
How to Set Up a Mushroom Growing Business Drew Wiberg October 11, 2021
Why Mushroom Growing Is a Great Project for Anyone Drew Wiberg October 4, 2021
10 Common Mistakes Mushroom Growers Make Drew Wiberg September 27, 2021
What Types of Mushrooms Can You Grow At Home? Drew Wiberg September 20, 2021
The Most Popular Types of Edible Mushrooms Drew Wiberg September 13, 2021
Recipes That Showcase Mushrooms as the Star Drew Wiberg September 7, 2021
Where Are the Most Nutrients Stored in a Mushroom? Drew Wiberg August 30, 2021
Cultivate Mushrooms To Live More Sustainably Drew Wiberg August 23, 2021
Mushrooms Are an Excellent Meat Replacement Option Drew Wiberg August 16, 2021
Which Varieties of Mushrooms Should You Use for Stir Fry? Drew Wiberg August 9, 2021
The Awesomeness of Oyster Mushrooms: Information and Growing Tips Drew Wiberg August 2, 2021
What You Need to Learn About Growing Mushrooms at Home Drew Wiberg June 21, 2021
The Best Conditions for Growing Mushrooms Drew Wiberg June 14, 2021
Mushrooms Are a Low-Carb, Nutrient-Rich Food Source Drew Wiberg June 7, 2021
The 3 Stages of Growing Mushrooms From Spores Drew Wiberg June 1, 2021
How to Grow Reishi Mushrooms Drew Wiberg May 24, 2021
Grilling Portobello Mushrooms Like a Master Drew Wiberg May 17, 2021
Step-by-Step Breakdown of Mushroom Growth Drew Wiberg May 10, 2021
How to Dry Morel Mushrooms Drew Wiberg May 3, 2021
Delicious Ways to Cook Puffball Mushrooms Drew Wiberg April 26, 2021
How to Roast Mushrooms Properly Step-by-Step Drew Wiberg April 19, 2021
6 Benefits of Growing Portobello Mushrooms at Home Drew Wiberg April 12, 2021
How to Marinate Mushrooms the Right Way Drew Wiberg April 6, 2021
Getting the Best Out of Dried Mushrooms Drew Wiberg March 29, 2021
Cooking Maitake Mushrooms Properly Step by Step Drew Wiberg March 22, 2021
How Do You Cook Lion's Mane Mushrooms Properly? Drew Wiberg March 15, 2021
Find Out More About Mushroom Growth Drew Wiberg March 8, 2021
How Do You Cook Enoki Mushrooms Properly? Drew Wiberg March 1, 2021
Learn More About Button Mushrooms Drew Wiberg February 22, 2021
How to Store Morel Mushrooms Drew Wiberg February 15, 2021
Everything You Need to Know About Growing Portobello Mushrooms Drew Wiberg February 8, 2021
How To Dehydrate Your Own Mushrooms Drew Wiberg February 3, 2021
Common Culinary Uses and Benefits of Cremini Mushrooms Drew Wiberg January 27, 2021
5 Simple Steps on How to Grow Oyster Mushrooms at Home Drew Wiberg January 20, 2021
Cooking Baby Bella Mushrooms the Right Way Drew Wiberg January 13, 2021
How to Cook Chanterelle Mushrooms Drew Wiberg January 6, 2021
A Guide on How to Fry Mushrooms Drew Wiberg December 30, 2020
The Role of Mushrooms in the Food Chain Drew Wiberg December 23, 2020
Delicious Ways to Cook Portobello Mushrooms Drew Wiberg December 16, 2020
5 Things to Know About the Nutritional Benefits of Mushrooms Drew Wiberg December 9, 2020
How Long Do Mushrooms Last? Drew Wiberg December 2, 2020
How to Cook Morel Mushrooms Drew Wiberg November 25, 2020
How to Cook Oyster Mushrooms Drew Wiberg November 18, 2020
How to Cook Shiitake Mushrooms Drew Wiberg November 11, 2020
How to Freeze Mushrooms for Best Results Drew Wiberg November 4, 2020
Rehydrating Mushrooms Drew Wiberg October 28, 2020
How to Store Mushrooms Drew Wiberg October 21, 2020
How to Spot Bad Mushrooms Drew Wiberg October 14, 2020
How to Grow Shiitake Mushrooms Drew Wiberg October 7, 2020
Tips for Gathering Morel Mushrooms Drew Wiberg September 29, 2020